Your privacy is important to us.
Retirement Navigator and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you“).
Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website retirementnavigator.ca (and its subdomains) (our “Website“).
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
On this Website.
In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
When you interact with our professional service providers.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Company or third-party website (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information we collect about you
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, financial information such as income, savings and expenses, your province of residence and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“).
- We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our services or opt-out of contact for professional services on an ongoing basis by accessing our Website or e-mailing to email@example.com.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to on the Website by completing a survey or questions.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
- The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, and or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How we use your information
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Website.
- To contact you either through the application, email, or by telephone.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out, at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, which any Website visitor can view.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Children under the age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contact information and challenging compliance
5500 North Service Road - Suite 1102
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.
Acceptance of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are the legal age of majority under applicable law to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Modifications to the Terms and Conditions and to the Website
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise and update these terms and conditions from time to time. Any and all such modifications are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the Website. You agree to periodically review the terms and conditions in order to be aware of any such modifications and your continued use shall be your acceptance of these.
The information and material on this Website, and the Website, may be changed, withdrawn, or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Website is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
Your Use of the Website and Account Set-Up and Security
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Users are responsible for obtaining their own access to the Website. Users are required to ensure that all persons who access the Website through a user’s internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and comply with them. The Website, including content or areas of the Website, may require user registration. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current, and complete.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Any username, password, or any other piece of information chosen by you, or provided to you as part of our security procedures, must be treated as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You must exercise caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. You understand and agree that should you be provided an account, your account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you logout from your account at the end of each session. You are responsible for any password misuse or any unauthorized access.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time, to disable or terminate your account, any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including any violation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
You are prohibited from attempting to circumvent and from violating the security of this Website, including, without limitation: (a) accessing content and data that is not intended for you; (b) attempting to breach or breaching the security and/or authentication measures which are not authorized; (c) restricting, disrupting or disabling service to users, hosts, servers, or networks; (d) illicitly reproducing TCP/IP packet header; (e) disrupting network services and otherwise disrupting Website owner’s ability to monitor the Website; (f) using any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website; (g) introducing any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful; (h) attacking the Website via a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, flooding, mailbombing, or crashing; and (i) otherwise attempting to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Subscription and Fees
Some parts of the service on the Website are available when working with an advisor on a paid basis. Billing will occur prior to the engagement and is a reflection of the letter of engagement you sign prior to the start of work. Your access to paid services will end on the date specified in your letter of engagement or when you choose to break your link from an advisor by using the break advisor link function found in your client settings.
Even where you are not engaged in services with a paid dollar value you are opening a subscription with our services and platforms. Subscribers are explicitly granting Retirement Navigator and the advisor who work with it the right to access the data they enter and the associated projections. Subscribers further acknowledge that by supplying their email address and phone number that Retirement Navigator (or advisors who work with Retirement Navigator) to contact you.
You may withdrawal consent at any time by deleting your profile in the account settings page or contacting email@example.com and requesting that your profile is deleted.
You shall provide the Company with accurate and complete billing information. All payments are processed with a third-party payment provider. Subscribers are subject to and must adhere to the terms of the applicable payment providers’ terms of service and other agreements relating to their service transactions. Should automatic billing fail to occur for any reason, an electronic invoice will be issued indicating that you must proceed manually, within a certain deadline date, with the full payment corresponding to the billing period as indicated on the invoice.
The Company, in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify their fees for advice. Any fee for advice change will become effective at the end of the then-current engagement period. The Company will provide you with reasonable prior notice of any change in fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your engagement before such change becomes effective. Your continued use of the service after the fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified fee amount.
Except when required by law, paid fee for advice fees are non-refundable. Certain refund requests may be considered by the Company on a case-by-case basis and granted at the sole discretion of the Company.
Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
You understand and agree that the Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including, but not limited to, all information, software, code, data text, displays, graphics, photographs, images, video, audio, music, broadcast, design, presentation, website layout, selection, and arrangement, are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights.
The Company name, the Company trademark, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, images, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. Other names, logos, product and service names, designs, images, and slogans mentioned, or which appear on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such property, except as expressly authorized, shall constitute an infringement or violation of the rights of the property owner and may be a violation of federal or other laws and could subject the infringer to legal action.
You may only use the Website for your personal and non-commercial use. You shall not directly or indirectly reproduce, compile for an internal database, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, in any form or medium whatsoever except:
- your computer and browser may temporarily store or cache copies of materials being accessed and viewed; and
- a reasonable number of copies for personal use only may be printed keeping any proprietary notices thereof, which may only be used for non-commercial and lawful personal use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution of any kind on any medium whatsoever
Users are not permitted to modify copies of any materials from this Website nor delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site. You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you print off, copy, or download any part of our Website in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. You have no right, title, or interest in or to the Website or to any content on the Website, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may infringe or violate copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property or other proprietary laws.
Conditions of Use and User Submissions and Site Content Standards
- As a condition of your access and use, you agree that you may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The following content standards apply to any and all content, material, and information a user submits, posts, publishes, displays, or transmits (collectively, “submit“) to the website, to other users or other persons (collectively, “User Submissions“) and any and all Interactive Functions. Any and all User Submissions must comply with all applicable federal, provincial, local, and international laws, regulations, and terms of service.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you warrant and agree that your use of the Website and any User Submissions shall not:
- Include or contain any material that is exploitive, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, violent, inflammatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such legally prohibited ground or be otherwise objectionable, such determination to be made in Company’s sole discretion.
- Involve stalking, attempting to exploit or harm any individual (including minors) in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise or ask for personal information as prohibited under applicable laws, regulations, or code.
- Involve, provide, or contribute any false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
- Include sending, knowingly receiving, uploading, downloading, using, or reusing any material that does not comply with the User Submissions and Site Content Standards.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertisements or promotions, sales, or encourage any other commercial activities, including, without limitation, any “spam”, “junk mail”, “chain letter”, contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising or any other similar solicitation.
- Encourage any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Give the impression that they originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
User Submissions: Grant of License
The Website may contain Interactive Functions allowing User Submissions on or through the Website.
None of the User Submissions you submit to the Website will be subject to any confidentiality by the Company. By providing any User Submission to the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose and according to your account settings and/or incorporate such material into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You further waive any moral rights or other rights of authorship as a condition of submitting any User Submission.
By submitting the User Submissions, you declare and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights to submit the User Submissions and have the right to grant the license hereof to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns to the User Submissions and comply with these Terms and Conditions. You represent and warrant that all User Submissions comply with applicable laws and regulations and the User Submissions and Site Content Standards set out in these Terms and Conditions.
You understand and agree that you, not the Company nor Company’s parent, subsidiaries, affiliates nor their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, or successors, are fully responsible for any User Submissions you submit or contribute, and you are fully responsible and legally liable, including to any third party, for such content and its accuracy. We are not responsible or legally liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Submissions submitted by you or any other user of the Website.
Site Monitoring and Enforcement, Suspension, and Termination
- Company has the right, without provision of notice to:
- Remove or refuse to post on the Website any User Submissions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- At all times, take such actions with respect to any User Submission deemed necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, for violating the Website and User Submissions and Site Content Standards or Terms and Conditions.
- Take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement or regulatory authority, or notifying the harmed party of any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including, without limitation, any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, AND SUCCESSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES RELATING TO ANY, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR SUCH PARTIES OR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We have no obligation, nor any responsibility to any party to monitor the Website or its use, and do not and cannot undertake to review material that you or other users submit to the Website. We cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted and we have no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party, subject to applicable laws.
The content on our Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties, or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete, or up to date. Your use of the Website is at your own risk and neither the Company nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers, or successors have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for your use of this Website.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including from other users and third-party licensors. All statements and/or opinions expressed in any such third-party content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. Neither the Company nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers, or successors have any responsibility or liability whatsoever to you, or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any third-party materials.
For your convenience, this Website may provide links or pointers to third-party sites. We make no representations about any other websites that may be accessed from this Website. If you choose to access any such sites, you do so at your own risk. We have no control over the contents of any such third-party sites and accept no responsibility for such sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You are subject to any terms and conditions of such third-party sites.
Such links to third-party sites from the Website may include links to certain social media features that enable you to link or transmit on your own or using certain third-party websites, certain content from this Website. You may only use these features when they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content identified.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the homepage. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Conditions of Use and User Submissions and Site Content Standards. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking to immediately stop.
All orders, purchases or transactions for the sale of goods, services or information made using this Website are subject to the terms and conditions of sale entered into between you and our service providers and are also incorporated into these Terms and Conditions.
Additional terms and conditions may be applicable to parts or features of this Website and are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions.
The owner of the Website is based in Ontario, Canada. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in Canada – excluding Quebec. This Website is not intended for use in any jurisdiction where its use is not permitted. If you access the Website from outside Canada or from the province of Quebec, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws of your jurisdiction.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR ENDORSEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT FILES OR DATA AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE INTERNET OR THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE. YOU ARE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND YOUR COMPUTER, INTERNET, AND DATA SECURITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OVERLOADING, FLOODING, MAILBOMBING, OR CRASHING, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS, LOGIC BOMBS, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
Limitation on Liability
Except where such exclusions are prohibited by law, under no circumstance will the company nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers, or successors be liable for negligence, gross negligence, negligent misrepresentation, fundamental breach, damages of any kind, under any legal theory, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, breach of privacy, or otherwise, even if the party was allegedly advised or had reason to know, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, or reliance on, the website, any linked websites or such other third-party websites, nor any website content, materials, posting, or information thereon even if the party was allegedly advised or had reason to know.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your breach of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Submissions, third-party sites, any use of the Website’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law and Choice of Forum
The Website and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision, principle, or rule (whether of the laws of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction) and notwithstanding your domicile, residence, or physical location.
Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Website and under these Terms and Conditions will be instituted in the courts of the Province of Ontario and/or the Federal Court of Canada, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such action or proceeding. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue of such courts.
No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from these Terms and Conditions operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof; and no single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Terms and Conditions or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, regarding such subject matter.
Reporting and Contact
This website is operated by Retirement Navigator, located at:
5500 North Service Road - Suite 1102
Should you become aware of misuse of the website including libelous or defamatory conduct, you must report it to the Company at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com